April 12, 2016

One Line Coffee- Columbus Coffee Trail Stop 4

Annnd.... we're back with more coffee!

But before we get started, I have a confession to make. Remember back in my post about Stauf's when I bragged about how Ohio weather could be beautiful even in February? Well there's another side to that coin. Klaudia and I had an unwelcome visitor this weekend on the coffee trail- snow. That's right, now. In APRIL. It was ludicrous for sure, but the good news is, spring has finally decided to make an appearance, and we have temperatures above sixties this week!

But back to the important thing- coffee. Welcome to One Line Coffee in the Short North!

I'm not sure if you've noticed, but lately I've been feelin the B&W photos :)

One Line is right in the middle of the hustle and bustle of the streets of Short North, but the location is a bit of a hidden treasure. Right around the corner is an adorable little park complete with a pond, a fountain, and gazebo. It looked like a great place to have a picnic or go for a walk on a nice day (i.e. not snowing). The shop itself is small, and bar is a circle right in the middle of the room, which doesn't look like the most efficient use of the space they have. However, there were more tables and seats than one would expect for a small space.

The atmosphere wasn't notably great or horrible. However, their customer service was above and beyond. The worker who took our order asked how our weekend was, and if we had any exciting plans for our day. My coffee came out beyond fast! Not one Line, but 3.5/5 Lines for atmosphere.



We ordered a donut. It blew our minds- and probably gave both of us cavities. We made it down to North Market later, and noticed that Destination Donuts was making the same kind, so I'm pretty sure they bring the donuts in from here. Either way, it was fantastic. and HUGE. It was 'Buckeye' flavor (naturally), and iced with chocolate and filled with an unbelievably light peanut butter frosting. Words cannot describe. Go buy one! 4.5/5 Lines for food.

Coffee! And tea this week, since Klaudia abandoned her usual selection of a mocha for a white tips iced tea. Her tea was light, ice cold, and the flavor came through really strong. I don't usually like tea, since it mostly tastes like water to me, but this one was great! 

My coffee was out of this world. I ordered their 'featured drink', a honey latte with brown sugar, grapefruit and sage. The combination is completely off- the- wall random, and it probably should have been awful. But someone at One Line really knows what they're doing, because it was utterly fantastic. Every sip, a different one of those five flavors presented itself to me, and I was so intrigued. I took 30 minutes to drink it as I savored every last drop. 5/5 Lines for tea and coffee.

Go to One Line. Order exactly this. You're welcome.
One Line was a great experience overall! I would for sure put my honey latte at the top of all the coffee I have ever had, and the food was sensational as well. It lacks the spaciousness necessary to make it a perfect hang out, but it's definitely worth stopping in! Overall, One Line Coffee receives 4.25/5 Lines.

One Line also had the honor of being our fourth stop on the Coffee Trail- a big benchmark, because four stamps means Klaudia and I got our free t-shirts! The Coffee Trail has recently expanded from 8 shops to 13- including Fox in the Snow!- so we still have a long way to go before we are officially done. However, with the end of the year and exams approaching, it may be a while before you see another coffee post from me. But, I want to hear about the coffee you love in your area- write me a comment about the best places near you!

From: http://www.cbuscoffee.com/columbus-coffee-trail/

Stay caffeinated!

Erin




No comments:

Post a Comment